Councilwoman Carolyn Breyare

Public actions, public policy, public statements, public positions that citizens and taxpayers should know.

mrmtholly
Site Admin

Councilwoman Carolyn Breyare

Postby mrmtholly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:44 pm

Scott L

Re: Councilwoman Carolyn Breyare

Postby Scott L » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Councilwoman Breyare's term is up this year. (2015)

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Councilwoman Breyare filed on 7/9 to be considered for re-election.

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:43 am

Unfortunately, I have little to go on with Councilwoman Breyare. She's certainly personable enough and has a good presence with people. She always (at least often) approaches me before a council meeting to chit chat with all the social graces.

One time I (and about 50 neighbors) wanted to have the N. Main freight traffic issue discussed, it was Ms. Breyare who asked the Mayor, "Can we discuss this at our next workshop or something?" Her question was promptly dismissed by the mayor and that was the end of what I was able to see of my concern being "represented". That short question sadly was the only representation made - and it was Ms. Breyare that did it.

I followed up with Ms. Breyare with an e-mail asking about how to further consider the concern. I received no response. There are hundreds of people in the community who have the same concern -- none have told me Ms. Breyare has reached out to them either.

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:41 am

Comments please? (About the Breyare signs with a "write-in for Mayor" indicator round town)

S__36D7.jpg
S__36D7.jpg (146.45 KiB) Viewed 2905 times

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:34 am

This flier found in neighborhoods. No comment yet from Ms. Breyare on if this is endorsed/sanctioned by her campaign.
Attachments
Breyare.jpeg
Breyare.jpeg (41.69 KiB) Viewed 2880 times

Chelsea

Postby Chelsea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi, Scott!
I don't believe we have met but I am Carolyn Breyare's granddaughter, and helping her with her campaign. The flyers were not created by Ms. Breyare, as well as the yellow paper attached to her signs. She appreciates that people in the city have thought high enough to consider her for mayor. She truly loves this city and has been honored to serve and have the opportunity to serve another term.
If you have any specific questions for her, I will be happy to pass them along.
She will also be at the Food Truck Friday tomorrow if you have any questions. She'll probably be the one dancing to the band!

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:05 am

Well, I would have appreciated anyone challenging Mr. Hough - just to have the opportunity to socialize a "performance report" on the job. Good luck to your grandmother. My 4th pick for council was a tough one between her and Mr. Toomey - both classy people.

Laura L

Postby Laura L » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:19 pm

Who has the most signs in people's yards?

Many candidates seeking election to city council have signs in public places & they should. But, one thing that stands out to me is that Carolyn has the most signs in people's yards. That shows me that she knows & speaks to the citizens of Mount Holly.

I could easily see that as well at the Food Truck event last night (10/23). Carolyn wore her name tag and was walking around and talking to everyone. And, she did it with a gracious nature. My husband and I talked with her for a little while, and we enjoyed meeting her granddaughter & grandson-in-law (Chelsea & Cameron). I could tell that Chelsea admired & respected her grandmother, and that means a lot to me. That type of closeness comes from years of a nurturing, loving, & encouraging relationship. Not all women (or men) can obtain that kind of relationship with family. Also, very important to me is that Carolyn openly speaks of her faith in regular conversations.

I truly believe that Carolyn cares about the citizens of Mount Holly and understands that it is the citizens perspective that she is representing. I think she is fully qualified and experienced for the job, but she doesn't seem to have an agenda for her role on council other than to listen to what the citizens want. From knowing her stance on some important topics, I also think she is good at being objective and cares about what is truly best for Mount Holly to retain it's personality.

Maybe she's not the best at responding to e-mails, but that is ok with me. Her e-mail address is not listed on her re-election hand-out, but her phone number is listed. I think that is even better.

It is also nice to have a female perspective in a group of men. I look forward to seeing her more boldly standing up for us voters.

I will be voting for Carolyn Holbrook Breyare to be re-elected to council on November 3rd.

Laura Lilly
(Scott's wife)
Attachments
Breyare.jpeg
Breyare.jpeg (58.47 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

Richard_Barnes

Postby Richard_Barnes » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:22 am

I agree Laura. My wife and I have had a few opportunities to speak with Carolyn Breyare and we both liked what she had to say. She has a lot of experience and I don't believe that she backs down under pressure.

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:08 pm

With a 1-vote victory, every single vote for Ms. Breyare can be said to be the one that won her councilwoman's chair.

Laura L

Postby Laura L » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Congratulations to Carolyn!! The official election results were posted today & she has won! I look forward to seeing her on council for another term!

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Oath of office and statement to the Citizens of Mount Holly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... Q4cI#t=657

Social Media

Return to “Town Officials of Mt Holly”