Danny Jackson, City Manager

Public actions, public policy, public statements, public positions that citizens and taxpayers should know.

mrmtholly
Site Admin

Danny Jackson, City Manager

Postby mrmtholly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Scott L

Re: Danny Jackson, City Manager

Postby Scott L » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:57 pm

I've found Mr. Jackson to be approachable and responsive in matters dealing with the day-to-day operations of the town. I am reasonably confident that my Mt Holly property tax dollars are wisely managed and spent to serve my town's interests with Mr. Jackson in charge.

Postby Guest » Thu May 07, 2015 9:01 pm

Will have to agree. Danny is always willing to listen and respond in a positive manner

citizen

Postby citizen » Wed May 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Ditto

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Fri May 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Yeah, I've just got to tell a story as it just emphasizes how lucky we are to have our town managed by someone with as much integrity as Mr. Jackson.

I've been disturbed by how N. Main is mis-managed and in disrepair. The NCDOT would best respond to requests to improve our problem if our town is coordinated and unified in how we should ask them to do that. I'm clear knowing that the town's staff (under Town Manager Jackson) cannot unilaterally take any action without a defined strategy coming from council that would give them guidance on how to approach the problem. I pressed some of our town's staff to the point where I know I caused tension. And Mr. Jackson allowed me to meet with his staff to discuss my concern.

The town could have become adversarial or attempted to stone-wall me closing off communication rather than offering more of it. The town could have taken a position of being vengeful to "teach me a lesson". No, I heard a rumor that Mr. Jackson asked in his department meeting to extend me every proper professional courtesy and to help with my concern if there was a way to properly do that. I'm here to publicly state, that kind of integrity is hard to find in any man -- and we citizens are lucky to have Mr. Jackson set the stage as he does. If any councilperson (current or future) ever needs more perspective, I would be glad to offer it.

MtHollyMom

Postby MtHollyMom » Wed May 20, 2015 7:46 pm

I saw him interacting with people at a festival, and he seems really nice.

Social Media

Return to “Town Officials of Mt Holly”