Councilman Jim Hope

Public actions, public policy, public statements, public positions that citizens and taxpayers should know.

mrmtholly
Site Admin

Councilman Jim Hope

Postby mrmtholly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Scott L

Re: Councilman Jim Hope

Postby Scott L » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:35 pm

Councilman Hope's term is up in 2017.

Rick M

Postby Rick M » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:46 pm

It is my understanding that when the new fire station was built a few years back that the land was purchased from councilman Hope for a Million dollars, this would seem like a conflict of interest if this is true since he voted on it. If this is true i would never vote for someone like that. Can anyone verify if this is true.

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:26 pm

If by "new fire station" you mean the FD Headquarters on N. Main, I live next door and I was told the property was owned by the Clark family -- who also owned my property and my next door neighbor's property since at least 1910. I was also told the property had an old vacant house on it that burned down suspiciously before it became a fire department.

Checking the public records from 2000 and 2001, it seems to support what I heard about it being in the Clark family. There are a lot of names associated with the deed so I'm thinking the property was left to some heirs. Nowhere did I see anything mentioned of Mr. Hope in the records. So in summary, I think the story about Councilman Hope would be untrue.

Good to air these rumors. It's never any good to let these kinds of things fester.

JerryDrumm

Postby JerryDrumm » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:17 am

Hi All. Actually my father owned the property before it was sold to Yates Springs. I don't have time this morning to complete the search but here are the deed documents.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-eEu21lQyIOTGROaFRBZkNFSGs&usp=sharing

Social Media

Return to “Town Officials of Mt Holly”