Councilman Perry Toomey

Public actions, public policy, public statements, public positions that citizens and taxpayers should know.

mrmtholly
Site Admin

Councilman Perry Toomey

Postby mrmtholly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:40 am

mrmtholly
Site Admin

Re: Councilman Perry Toomey

Postby mrmtholly » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Also is Mayor Pro Tem

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 pm

Councilman Toomey's term is up this year. (2015)

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Councilman Toomey filed for re-election today.

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 am

Though my interaction and communication with Councilman Toomey was brief, I did present to him a concern that he said deserved further consideration. Mr. Toomey made the time to meet with me and followed up on the concern as he promised. I'm afraid that's all the perspective I have to share.

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:27 am

I've only personally met about half of the councilpersons -- Mr. Toomey ranks high for character and personality. A super guy you'd sure like to know. But how does he govern...

I can vouch that Mr. Toomey was on the right side of the negotiating table when I brought an issue to him for consideration. I couldn't have asked for or expected more from a good councilman - except for when it came time to have that discussion in a public meeting. The mayor controlled the conversation and in my opinion, it was Mr. Toomey's responsibility to stand up to the mayor. (Citizens are not allowed to participate in council meetings -- hence the need to have our voice "represented" in that discussion.) I might not be able to fault Mr. Toomey because the Mayor has a strong (even intimidating) personality. And in a verbal debate, the mayor might come out on top. So it could be possible that Mr. Toomey is representing this issue well behind-the-scenes -- I just don't have evidence for or against that.
Attachments
Players.jpg
Players.jpg (74.23 KiB) Viewed 1720 times

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:10 am

Councilman Toomey was the Mount Holly MPO representative in 2014 responsible for formally asking the NC Department of Transportation for projects. One such request was to widen N. Main to 4 lanes all the way to Freightliner. I can find no evidence that the community (voters) wants N. Main St. 4 lanes all the way to Freightliner. And that suggests to me that Mr. Toomey may have been representing our town government more so than voters. (Not a fan of that.)
Attachments
MPO.jpg
MPO.jpg (65.68 KiB) Viewed 1718 times

Scott L

Postby Scott L » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Social Media

Return to “Town Officials of Mt Holly”